Living in Canada means that residents have to take a lot of measures to fight against harsh weather conditions. They usually have to give special attention to windows and doors as they are primarily responsible for blocking cold air drafts to enter or block the way of scorching sunlight. Whether it’s summer or winter, the key is to maintain good condition of windows so that there would be reduced energy consumption.
It doesn’t matter if owners replace one window or those in the entire property. Small changes can even make a difference however, investment is quite significant. Just keep in mind that home windows should remain workable and efficient from every aspect.
At Total Home Windows and Doors, clients are rest assured that they do not waste money on unnecessary tasks, meaning that their hard-earned money would not go in vain. Since the company aims at maximizing clients’ satisfaction, they strive to increase satisfaction, comfort and security with high quality products.
Indicators to Window Replacement
Now the question is that how to find out the suitable time to replace windows? Here are some indicators to look at:
- Age of windows: Do the windows still have warranty? Or have they already passed the useful life?
- Thermal performance: Does the internal temperature remains consistent as compared to outside?
- Visual pass: Are they any visual changes or damages to the window frames? Chips? Warp? Although these signs do not lead to replacing home windows but, it’s necessary to go for significant repair or maintenance.
- Climbing energy bills: Most of the homeowners overlook this warning because it’s quite gradual. However, compare current energy bills with that of last month.
If any of the indicators are true, call Total Home right away!
Prolong Future Replacements
Once home windows are replaced with new ones, it’s time to think about ways to prolong further replacements as no one could spend a significant amount after a few years again and again! To do so, here are some tips to consider:
- When it’s time for replacement, always prefer quality products to ensure long term use.
- Look at the warranty details. It would be quite surprising to learn that some warranties need a certain level of maintenance.
- When it comes to cleaning, search for appropriate cleaning regimen for the window panes so that the material wouldn’t get affected. However, aluminum and vinyl are virtually maintenance-free.
- To lubricate sashes, follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Don’t forget to check the peep holes. Some home windows are provided with drainage systems to remain open and clear.
Now that owners have sufficient information, it would be quite easy to make a decision. Total Home Windows and Doors is also available at service to assist in the way people want.